I'm Isla, a recent graduate trying to get my foot in the revolving door of the fashion industry. I love writing, reading and words in general and despite this fact, I'm going to keep this intro short. Scroll for all my professional details, and click 'editorial' to see my work and learn a small amount about me through my semi-active (serial sporadic poster) Instagram or Twitter accounts.
Key Work Experience:
Select Specs - Freelance Copywriter and Content Writer.
Pitching and writing original content for the Select Specs online Fashion & Lifestyle Magazine.
Most Recent Position:
EDITED - Runway Trend Assistant. A temporary role throughout the fashion weeks.
Working at Edited Retail Analytic and Trend Forecasting company, where my role included but was not limited to, compiling images and data to analyse and produce runway reports of current trends shown during fashion weeks. Using the Edited app to research various trends and products across the market and write reports detailing movement. Creating original content for the EDITED app in the form of articles and reports.
- EDITED - Runway, Retail, Instagram and Visual Merchandising reports
- Select Specs - Freelance Copywriter
- i The Stylist, Fashion and Styling website - Contributing Writer
- Catwalk Yourself - Contributing Writer
- Her Campus Lancaster - Contributing writer and society member
- Karla Otto London - Fashion Week Intern
- Chase PR - Intern
Retail & Customer Service
- Topshop - Christmas Temporary Sales Assistant
- Bartender/Front of House - Restaurants and Hotels.
- Administrative assistant
- Excellent written skills, editorial and academic, press releases, articles, reports etc.
- Administrative skills and experience
- Well versed in Social Media
- Excellent IT skills, MS Office Suite, Windows and Mac
- Photoshop, InDesign, Mail Chimp
- Experience with Content Management Systems (CMS)
- Data Entry Systems